Thursday, July 22, 2010

WEEK 10. Homeland Security

Our assignment this week was to use data we prepared last week to assess locations of critical infrastructure and various line-of-sight surveillance points in relation to NORAD command center at Cheyenne Mountain, Colorado.

This lab went fairly smoothly for me. Despite my slow server, I think I have the advantage of working in a different time zone, and not 'sharing' ARCGIS with many other users.

To anyone living in the developing world, NORAD has a completely different meaning. It's the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation, a major donor in this part of the world. So this acronym was a little confusing for me to associate with American Homeland Security.

Map 1. Location of the heliport




Map 2. Egress and Ingress points into the Heliport buffer zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment